Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Fall Planting & Preparing



This week I've been digging up my irises and daffodils and replanting them. I finished planting and mulching them yesterday. Can't wait to see the blooms this spring.

Garlic ..... I planted garlic Saturday and finished mulching it yesterday too. This is the first time I have ever planted garlic and I'm curious as to how it will turn-out. I love cooking with garlic , it adds such a wonderful natural flavor and is good for you too. The great thing about growing garlic is there isn't to much work in it. You plant , mulch and let it grow. It will grow until next June or July. I will need to add a natural fertilizer in the spring as the garlic starts to sprout up.

Moved all the tropical plants down to the basement lastnight. We're suppose to have a hard freeze tonight. I need to get busy and clean out the basement. There's a lot of clutter down there too. Maybe that will be my weekend project.

Hope you're having a great week !

4 comments:

Pam Aries said...

THAT is a long row t ohoe!!!! Happy garlic planting! ..It is cold heree too!!!

Ms. Kathleen said...

My you are busy! I don't miss farming (we farmed for about 17 years in Nebraska) but I really miss my garden. We have to being in dirt since we live on a rock - not much soil and I can't wait to have my own little greenhouse. Garlic is easy to grow and probably very easy where you live.

It is so nice to meet my stocking swap partner. I will send you my snail mail addy and I will need yours.

Blessings!

J C said...

Ah JoyceAnn. Moving the tropicals to the basement. Did I ever tell you about the banana trees my friend had in Charlotte? Had a row of them lake front and dug up every fall and put under cover until spring, then replanted. This went on for a few years. One year he had ONE stalk of bananas. He was so excited! Just before they were ripe, his friend was hitting golf balls into the lake, hit and broke the stalk, and that was the end of his bananas. LOLOL but so sad. Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh. He worked so hard to keep them alive.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! That's alot of digging!
I can't say that I'm who has a green thumb.... but it looks like you may. :) Have a great day!
*HUGS*
Angela