Friday, September 30, 2011

What a Month ..............




September has been. We had 2 deaths in the family and 2 weddings , plus I had a terrible bout with allergies/hay fever. I just haven't felt like blogging , it's been a month of mixed emotions and expressions for sure.




The goats went to their new home a couple of weeks ago , I still miss them. Dh and I are going to show the new goat owners how to trim hooves next week , so I'll get to see them again. We delivered them and when we left they seem pretty content in their new surroundings. I'm so happy I found them a wonderful home and owners that will take up time with them. They are just a few miles away and the lady who bought them told me to drop by anytime I wanted to see them , she's a wonderful person and I know the goats will be happy there.




The guinea hen is still on her nest and the eggs should be hatching the first of next week. So I've been keeping a close watch on her , we will have to take the keets once they're hatched or they will not survive. I don't like doing that , but guinea hens don't have much success with raising their young.




I did manage to get away to a Pow Wow on the 18th for a few hours of fun. We stopped at a produce stand and bought a basket of peaches on the way home. I'll blog about the Pow Wow next week , have some pics to share.




We're suppose to have cooler weather this weekend , looking forward to the cooler weather after the long hot summer we had.




~ Many Blessings ~


JoyceAnn


10 comments:

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Sorry you have had such a stressful September. Here is hoping that October is overflowing with fun, relaxation, and stressfree! (Hey we can hope can't we) LOL Sounds like your goats have found a wonderful home. I am finally down to Buttons, her daughter, Gerda, Precious, her daughter Little D, Andy, and Petro. It is such a joy to be able to spend time and care for them where before there were so many goats I couldn't. Looking forward to reading about your Pow Wow!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Dear One...

I'm sorry to hear of your families loss...that is never easy, as I too lost family members this month. Life is change tho, and we move on don't we?

Sounds like your goat children are in a happy new place and how wonderful for you that you can visit them. That must put your spirit at ease.


Going to PowWow sounds like just the ticket!!! I haven't been in several years and oh how my heart longs to attend one. I can hardly wait to hear about your experience and see your photos.

I pray this coming month will be much gentler and kinder for all of us!

Much love and many blessings...
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

That does sound like quite a stressful month. I hope things settle down. I'm glad you found a good home for the goats. That's not always easy.

Teresa

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Sometimes its hard to let go of a loved one. Sometimes its hard to understand why things happen. Sometimes you just want to scream enough already! Just know through all these times you are never alone. There is lots of love, prayers, and blessings embracing you. Hugs my friend.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Nice to see you back here JoyceAnn. Wow, that sure was a lot of going on in September. Hope October will be slower and peaceful.

Flassie's Fil'a said...

{{{HUGS JoyceAnn}}}

J C said...

Ah Joyce, I do hope your days are looking up. Seems you have had a lot to go thru this past month or so. I was scrolling to catch up since I had not been here in awhile. Too bad about the goats, but it is what it is. There will surely be more goats in the future. And I feel for your DH about his job situation also. We have been thru that as well. Mine had his own business which failed when the banks all failed, and he had to take a part time job (all he could get at the time) and is now trying to build his business back but it's really hard. We have cut back really really big time! Just the other day I was thinking of all the simple things I have had to cut out of my own life because of this failed economy. Didnt realize it was so much til I started thinking about it. I hope things look up for you and especially that you feel better. Allergies can really run you down. Take care girl. xoxoxo

Callie Brady said...

Hope life is treating you better. I am trying to get back in the swing of blogging again. Now that the rains have started... maybe?

Lana said...

I bet the peaches were delicious and I can't wait to read about the Pow-wow next week!

Lana

J C said...

Joyce Ann where are you?