Saturday, May 30, 2009

* Happy Hens *












The hens are Happy , I got their hen house cleaned and fresh straw added . The flies were getting bad , so had to make it top priority. I used the straw to mulch my tomatoes , mulching and composting at the same time , love it. The hens have grown so much , their colors are quite beautiful. I tried to get some close-up pics so you could see how beautiful they look.We started them on laying mash and oyster shell about a month ago. I hope to have fresh eggs in June or July. Thought I would share a pic of my kitchen windowsill over the sink , I have quite a collection of chickens in the kitchen.
~~ Be Blessed ~~
JoyceAnn

4 comments:

Flassie's Fil'a said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Lovely chickens - inside and outside.

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Cute Hens and collection too!

Like the flowers in the green
jar!

I put up a pic on my blog
of that fire pit if you
would like to take a look
at it.
I guess that is a wheel of some sort in the hole if I remember right. I remembered I took a pick of it some years ago.

I am going to delete the first
comment. I have a couple of word
mistakes that do not make sense.

I do not know why I think of one
word sometimes and write another.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Love the pictures. Looks so comfy in the last pic. I love your collection on the windowsill.