Friday, May 29, 2009

~ Spiral Herb Garden ~


I started hauling rocks for the herb garden last week , but decided to redo the fire circle first. I took up the slate rocks and added flint rocks.




Then I got to thinking I needed to redo the rocks around the cilantro bed (LOL) , so I took up the rocks around it and replaced them with flint.




I finally got the spiral herb garden started, it's almost finished. I have some flint rocks I gathered in the woods , just need to haul them out and complete the spiral. It's rained almost everyday this week , so they'll have to wait until it dries up some. I planted the herbal seeds , lemon balm in the center , stevia and lemon basil. I'm already planning the next herb garden, want to create a garden with wild herbs.



Do you have a herb garden ?



~ Herbal Blessings ~

JoyceAnn

4 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Yes I do have an herb garden but not as pretty as yours though.

Anonymous said...

I love the spiral! My herb garden is not so organized as yours. I have rosemary, orgegano and sage in one BIG pot, then more rosemary, dill and something I cannot remember. Basil, more dill, cilantro and parsley round it out. wish my herb garden could be more annual. The rosemary dies each year although the sage winters over nicely. *shrugs*

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Awesome Herb Garden!

I have sage in a pot.
I just put in some Yarrow
that was growing along the
roadside.

I've been reading up on
Yarrow this morning. Got
to be careful if you take
certain drugs which I do not
take. Anyway the do not mix
well with certain drugs people
might be taking.

I know someone who dug
a hole in the ground and
put rocks about it to make
their firepit.

I want a fire pit,
I want a fire pit
and an herb garden
too, I want a piece
of land, out in the
country or woods too!

Those were the days.
I loved living out in
the country and in the
woods.

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Vickie , I'm sure your herb garden is beautiful too.

Hi Annette , Herbs are wonderful no matter were you grow them.

Hi Flassie , Hope you get that wish list , you deserve it.

~ Blessings to Everyone ~
JoyceAnn