Monday, October 12, 2009

~ Shakori Hills Fall Grassroots Festival ~


Hubby & I headed out to my favorite Fall Festival yesterday , it's the Shakori Hills Grassroots Festival that celebrates art , dance , environmental awareness , music , social issues and so much more. You can check it out here ( http://www.shakorihills.org/?section=407&PHPSESSID=96003f7d452cba40bba4ce27988f401c ). We had a great time , the weather was wonderful , it had that great fall nip in the air. I took pics , but I really need to get new batteries for my camera. Anyway hope you enjoy some scenes from a wonderfully eclectic festival.


The first band we saw is one of my favorites , Keith Secola
and the Wild Band of Indians. They were great as usual , we enjoyed a huge round dance , it was wonderful.

This is not a great photo , but I wanted to share this huge hoop art , it had c.d 's hanging in the center catching the sun rays , very eye catching.


There was some rock sculpting going on.

This was a neat project , Painting Parasols for Peace , they've been displayed in Washington D.C. and other places.


There was alot of drumming going on, sorry about the poor picture quality.

More Drumming around the fire .................


There were wood carvings , loved the awesome witch , definitely a sign of the season.

There was music by the Coffee Barn , a place for musicians to show off their talents.

More music by the Coffee Barn ..................

I love this beautiful mixed media art piece that was hanging by the Coffee Barn.


Poi dancing .........

Cane Creek Cloggers .............


Samuel Jones singing the blues ..........



The Gourds .................... a wonderful honky tonk style band.



Mountain Heart .......... a great bluegrass band .



A fun trolley giving rides from and to the parking lot , we didn't ride it , but it was fun to watch everyone else riding.

We had a blast , hope you all had a fun weekend !!

~ Autumn Blessings ~

JoyceAnn

2 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

My kind of festival. I so wish I could have been there. Everything seems so wonderful. I love the drumming around the fire.

Leasmom said...

Cool Festival!!!