Wednesday, December 09, 2009

~ Wow , 800 Eggs ~




We got our hens last Feb. , our first egg was laid the last day of May , since then the girls have really produced some eggs. Yesterday the egg count reached 800 in a little over 6 months time. I've read that their egg production would slow down once it got colder , but so far they're still laying at the normal pace and I'm so thankful , all those eggs will come in handy for holiday baking and the potluck favorite , deviled eggs. This morning as I was reading the comments about parsley , Lib mentioned adding parsley to foods to make them more appealing. It got me to thinking , deviled eggs would look and taste great with a little parsley and cayenne pepper or paprika sprinkled on the top , plus look quite festive. I'm looking forward to making some of those holiday eggs.



~ Holiday Blessings ~
JoyceAnn

3 comments:

Lib said...

Wow,800 eggs is Great! Don't you just Love it when you can live off the land and don't have to buy from the store?I do!!!!!!
The eggs will be pretty sprinkled with red/green!
Blessins',Lib

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Woohooooo, that is a lot of eggs in a short amount of time. Those girls have been busy :-) I'm hoping that "maybe" next Spring we'll get chickens but we need to build a good, secure hen house.

Carol Murdock said...

DANG! I haven't kept count! Of couse only Miss Trixie was laying up until a week or so ago. We have 4 who lay everyday and 1 who lays every other day.800? WOW! :)