Friday, December 11, 2009

~ Herbal Flavored Butter ~




Yesterday , I got busy chopping herbs for the flavored butter. I chopped a few chives that were still growing in the herb bed. Then I chopped the lemon balm and parsley , added the herbs to 1 lb of soft butter and stirred them in well. I don't have a mold or butter dish , so I put the butter in a round candy dish that has a lid. I haven't tried it yet , plan to give it a couple of days for the flavors to develop. Next week I hope to make garlic flavored butter. I'll also be filling up the dehydrator with garlic , so I can make garlic powder after it dries. Anyone care to share their favorite recipe or way of using garlic.


~~ Herbal Blessings ~~

JoyceAnn

4 comments:

Lib said...

Your butter looks delish!
I use garlic in about everything I cook.Same with onions and bell peppers.
I also make honey butter for hot bis. I just stir in and taste until I get it where I like it. Same with lemon juice or ornage juice.
Have a great wk.end!
Blessins',Lib

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Lib ~ I've never thought about making honey butter , that's a great idea. I bet it's delicious!
Hope your weekend is great too.

~ Be Blessed ~

Flassie's Fil'a said...

I wonder if the honey butter would last forever? I was reading that putting dandelion blossoms in honey would last indifently.

I put garlic in a lot of things.

I like it in potatoes. Roasted or fresh in mashed potatoes.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

JoyceAnn said...

Yum , those potatoes sound good. I'll have to try those. Thanks , Flassie.