Saturday, January 30, 2010

~ Well , The Weather Outside is .........


frightful , but we still have power and that's delightful ( Yay ). We got about 2 or 3 inches of snow last night. Today we're getting intervals of sleet , freezing rain and more snow maybe , so we're not out of the woods yet. Little Froggy and I ventured out to feed the chickens and see what we could see. Here's what he discovered ............




~ Since I didn't have my boots , Nana made me some makeshift boots by covering my shoes with rubber gloves ( LOL) ~



~ I found out Snow and Ice is hard to walk on ~


~ The Hens weren't sure if they wanted to come out of the Coop ........



but they did check out the White Stuff ~


~ This Guinea was keeping Lookout ...........


but we don't think the Guinea Fowl were to thrilled with the Snow ~

~ I finally got the hang of walking on this stuff ......


and I just had to plow through the snow on the slide (smile) ~



~ We saw Something Beautiful ............



and something that's keeping us warm and cozy ~

~ Boy , was I give out when we came back inside ~

~ Be Blessed ~

JoyceAnn

8 comments:

Lib said...

This is too cute! :o)
We didn't get as much as thought,so happy!
Like the rubber glove idea!When I was a kid,we used bread bags over our shoes.
Have a warm cozy wk.end!
Blessins',Lib

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Awww sweet photos - what a clever idea for the rubber gloves. Stay warm.

Unknown said...

Awh! To cute! Glad your power is still on. Funny birds!

Jeanne said...

How adorable!
What a BIG day he had! :0) Looks like you both had a lot of fun!
Do hope the storm didn't bring any other nastiness your way. We got a bit of ice and a dusting of snow. Nothing too bad, though.

Carol Murdock said...

Ahwwwwwwwwwwww! This was just a precious post! :)

Flassie's Fil'a said...

So cute!! I was wondering why I seen big foot marks in the snow.
lol! Now I know how it is done.
Or was that a small jack rabbit
tracks I seen? lol!

God Bless You and Yours!!!

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Lib ~ We used bread bags to cover our shoes when we little too. I need to save a few to have on hand. Little Froggy has rubber boots , but my daughter forgot to bring them.

Hi JoAnn ~ The rubber gloves worked pretty good.

Hi Char ~ Thankfully , we didn't lose power during the storm and yep the birds are funny (LOL).

Hi Jeanne ~ The storm wasn't as bad as they were predicting , we got 2 or 3 inches of snow and some sleet.

Thanks , Carol !

Yep Flassie ~ that's how it's done! Hope all's well with you.

Mother Moon said...

The last photo is priceless and perfect for the ending....