Last week was a busy one , the week started out with Dh and I cleaning out the dark and dingy basement. I got things organized down there and cleaned out a lot stuff.
On Tuesday Dh made the rows for the garlic and I planted 2 rows on Wednesday. Now I need to get it mulched.
The guinea keets are doing well , they graduated to the chicken coop a couple of weeks ago and have adjusted well. They're starting to get their dots and they're skittish little things , they always huddle up in a corner when I feed and water or try to take a photo (LOL).
I gathered some bark from the shag bark hickory trees the other day when I took the goats for a hike. I've been wanting to try to make some shag bark hickory syrup.
I made a couple of pints on Friday as a test run. I wanted to taste it and see if we liked it before making anymore. I used dark brown sugar that I had on hand when I made this batch , it tasted like molasses when I tasted it the first time. But , after it sit for a couple of days I can taste the hint of it's nutty flavor. I plan to make it a little different next time , I will infuse more bark and add light brown sugar.
~ Many Blessings ~