Tuesday, May 20, 2008

~ Ms. Dogwood ~





Gemma inspired this post , I was reading her blog about trees. Thought I would share our favorite tree , this Dogwood grows very close to the house. We've discussed cutting it down , but our hearts won't let us. It's close to the house and we're afraid the roots could
cause damage , hopefully it won't get much larger .We moved here in "85" , my youngest daughter was 2 then , she loved swinging from that lower limb. Now Curious J enjoys swinging from that limb , a couple of weeks ago he broke one of small limbs. He played with that limb for at least an hour , and was telling us he wanted to be a TREE.
Friday evening I was walking Little Missy around the yard and I introduced her to Ms. Dogwood , although she's just 6 months old , she'll be swinging on that tree before we know it. I can see her and Sweet Baby J both hanging from that limb , such a sweet vision especially in the Spring when all the violets are blooming underneath it.


So Blessed are we to have this Special Tree ~ Ms. Dogwood


~ Hope you're Blessed with a Special Tree ~

JoyceAnn


5 comments:

Lib said...

Hi,
Nice to meet Ms. Dogwood and the sweet memories.:o) What a darling post.:o)
HAve agreat day!
Blessins',Lib

Flassie's Fil'a said...

I am really enjoying that
Prodigarden link you posted!

Sweet tree memories and looking
sweetly into the future of new
memories to come.

God Bless Your Creative Life
and the lives of your family!!!

Naturegirl said...

Joyceann: I understand about your tree! We all have favorite trees with many wonderful memories and I feel that trees talk to me ...YES I could be walking along and suddenly "the tree talks..whispers" > just have to stop look at it and take photos of the tree..one I always remember on this small island all alone...I posted that tree last year..anyway..I'm babbling so I'd better stop now.
a tree hugger NG xo

Flassie's Fil'a said...

I really liked the clover rice
and the tea!

Have you used the white clover
at all? There seems to be more
of that blooming right now.

I pick some clover everday on my walk. Life a handfull or less.
Some of the plants aren't fully
in bloom yet.

Have you dried the dandilion root
to use as coffee?

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Lib said...

Hi,
Just wamted to say Happy Memorial day!
Hope ya'll have a great day!
Blessins',Lib