Thursday, May 08, 2008

* Salad Garden *


This year I want to grow as much food as I can to preserve and have plenty to eat fresh. My DH's garage was calling me to look at the space it provides , over the years , the leaves had built a natural compost bed beside the building. I raked the top leaves away and found some beautiful black dirt.

I've planted a * Salad Garden * in this area , cucumbers , cherry tomatoes ~ roma tomatoes , leaf lettuce and spinach. It's closer to the house and near the water hose , so I'll be able to water regularly and pick fresh as needed.

I'm planning to help me my daughter's start a * Salad Garden * at their homes also. It's such a wonderful feeling to gather everything needed for your salad right outside your door and you can't beat the taste.


Do you plant anything outside your backdoor , near the house for easy excess or special beds for certain needs ?



~~~ Green Blessings ~~~ JoyceAnn

1 comment:

Sandra Evertson said...

Jazzy is Adorable!
Sandra Evertson