Wednesday, July 02, 2008

~ Honeybeez Sauce ~













Last night I cooked some country style pork ribs over hot coals in the fire pit. DH created a grill rack and Curious J helped make the sauce. It's been cool in the evenings , perfect for cooking over an open fire . I found a recipe I thought I would try , although we changed it up a bit and created our own version. Curious J helped snip the rosemary and get it all mixed up. Thought I would share the recipe.



Honeybeez Sauce



1/2 cup prepared brown mustard


1/2 cup of our local honey


1/2 tsp of sea salt


1/2 tsp crushed fresh rosemary


1/2 tsp pepper



Add all ingredients and mix well.



Baste meat during half of cooking time , although we added as soon as it hit the grill ~ Curious J wasn't patient enough to wait. He wanted to paint the meat ( LOL). Add leftover sauce to meat before you serve.




We enjoyed this sauce , it was easy to make and tasted great.
Next time I make it , I plan to add minced garlic to the sauce and try it on chicken.



Curious J loves helping in the kitchen , he helped cut up the squash. My youngest daughter made the broccoli , green onion and squash stir fry with garlic. Curious J and I made a blackberry cobbler , he loves blackberries and enjoyed adding the berries to the batter. Everything was delish , I always forget to take pics of the finished dishes. It's such a good feeling to sit down at the table and eat mostly homegrown foods.



~ Green Blessings ~




JoyceAnn




















1 comment:

Lib said...

Hi Joyce Ann,
Recipe sounds Yummy,we don't like ribs but think I'll try it with chicken or chops.
Sounds like you had fun cookin supper:o)
Blessins',Lib