Tuesday, July 22, 2008

~ Major Harvest Time ~
















We didn't get rain this past weekend , so we dug the potatoes Saturday. Actually hubby plowed through them and we picked them up. We didn't get all of them picked up , so had planned to finish yesterday. But we didn't get to them yesterday either , my Mom called and needed DH to look at her well pump , it's not working . Was hoping to get them up this afternoon , but it has been stormy. We need the rain , so I'm grateful for it. The potatoes didn't do as well as last year , but we are blessed to have some to eat this winter.
This morning I harvested corn and green beans. I will be canning the beans tomorrow and freezing the corn.
Today , my oldest daughter and I made baby food. We made carrots and green beans with corn for the wee ones. I also taught her how to make blackberry jelly. Last Sunday , they tried my blackberry jelly , she and her husband both liked it. It maybe because she's pregnant (LOL) , she liked the jelly and the stuffed peppers I made last week. She has always liked the stuffing in the peppers , but wouldn't eat the pepper , she ate the whole stuffed pepper last week and said it was good.
The blackberries are about to dry up , but I'm still picking about a cup a day. We made six 1/2 pints today , hope to make 6 more later this week.

Hope everyone is doing well , will try to visit some blogs tomorrow if I get a chance.

~ Green Blessings ~
JoyceAnn





4 comments:

Lib said...

Quite a hravest you have.Will be so good this winter.Nothing like fresh veggies huh? ILove them!
Hope you're having a good day.
Blessins',Lib

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

see what I mean, I could sure learn a lot from you!!!
We could call it Green Glitter Gathering! ha!
I love homemade jelly and jams, just never made any myself!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

I LOVE stuffed peppers!!! I don't know how to make them though. My mother usually does that. I'm not that very good of a cook. Gotta admit that one. YUM! Jam!!! Homemade foods are sooo wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us!
*HUGS*

Vickie LeBlanc said...

You sure keep yourself busy. But if you're like me - it's a GOOD busy.