Saturday, January 05, 2008

Baby , It's Cold Outside








The last few days have been bitterly cold , but no snow , although we did get a few flurries Wed. Yesterday I decided to put on a pot of chili beans and let them simmer in the crock pot all day. I love having jars of tomatoes and frozen bell peppers from the garden to add to the chili. It gives you a great feeling to know exactly what you're eating. We topped the chili beans with some cheddar cheese and added pickled jalapenos from the garden. Jalapenos will certainly warm you up on a cold day . The chili was my creation for yesterday.

I did work on an ATC , but can't share that because it's a gift . After she receives it , I will post a pic . Speaking of pics , I've started a new blog http://joyceann-createeveryday2008.blogspot.com to keep a journal of my creations for the Creative Every Day 2008 challenge.


Curious J spent the night . We've been finger painting today. He didn't like it to much , doesn't like getting his hands dirty . Hope that changes in the future.


~ * ~ Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend ~ * ~

1 comment:

Janet said...

Chili on a cold day is just perfect especially when you've grown the veggies for it.

Your new blog is a great idea. I'm looking forward to a very creative year.