Tuesday, July 07, 2009

~ How the Garden Grows ~

We finally got a little rain Sunday night , it's been very dry for the last couple of weeks. The garden wasn't looking so great , hopefully it will be revived now.
The guinea are doing a great job with pest control , they're keeping those pesty Japanese beetles under control. I love watching them walk down the rows , pecking them off the plants , they're wonderful organic pest control. Our sweet yellow corn is starting to develop ears , the rain should really help that process along.



Our cucumbers are bearing , but they're tasting a little bitter , due to no rain. Next year I hope to have a better irrigation plan in place or at least add clay pot irrigation to the cucumbers , squash and tomatoes.


The Tommy Toe tomatoes are starting to ripen , we're still waiting on the Roma and the larger tomatoes to ripen.


This is the first time we've grown popcorn , it's doing really well , look at those ears ....... I'm excited about the popcorn.

The zucchini are growing well this year too , last year my zucchini squash didn't do well at all.


So that's how the garden grows , you never know from one year to the next how it will turn out , but I feel Blessed by whatever it provides.



~ Garden Blessings ~

JoyceAnn








4 comments:

Flassie's Fil'a said...

The garden looks great!

Have you had fried green
tomatoes? Yum!

I grew popcorn once
when I was a kid.lol!

Never plant popcorn on
the trail to the garden.
Someone is sure to step
on it.

I read 1984 in school.
It is about being under
surveilence in the future.

The ads popping up in blog
entries reminded me of it.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

PS. It doesn't happen in
every entry but a lot now.

It never use to. I guess
they have to pay somehow
for people to have free
blogs.

Carol Murdock said...

Joyce Ann your garden loooks great! Wonderful what a little heavenly rain will do huh? We got 1 inch Monday, the first in a month and the lawn came back so green!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Lovely garden - isn't it fun to harvest your own food?