Thursday, July 16, 2009

~ Other Happenings around the Homestead ~



My Mom and I canned 14 qts of peaches Tuesday , she bought a bushel from a local man who sells produce. They'll be yummy this winter.



Mya has been broody since the weekend , I took the five guinea eggs that were left in the nest and placed them under her. I didn't think they would hatch , they felt cold to the touch but yesterday morning when I went out to feed the chickens I found a dead keet in the nesting box , apparently the keet hatched , but wandered out from under her and got cold. I was going to try and break her broodiness , but decided I would let her set just in case something happens to the other guinea that is sitting on a nest. I might be able to put the eggs under Mya and let her hatch them. I'm expecting her eggs to hatch about the 28th of this month.



This little guy was sitting on the hummingbird feeder , not sure if he was exploring or looking for a sugar fix (LOL).



A friend of a friend passed along this swing set to us , the Grands are enjoying it. Curious J calls it
" His Playground " (LOL). That's Little Froggy swinging , he looks just like his brother (Curious J ) , except their eyes are different and Curious J's hair was lighter at that age . The black cat is " Buddy " , he's the elder of the animals around here. I think he was keeping an eye on Little Froggy (LOL).
~ ~ Many Blessings ~ ~
JoyceAnn

4 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Lovely happenings - have a nice day.

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Sorry about the little keet!

I really like your humming
bird feeder. Funny how the
little critter blends in
with it. He can be called,
the Sugar Fix Explorer!lol!

What a fun blessing for the
grkids!

Enjoy your peaches!

God Bless You and Yours!!!

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Flassie ~ We lost two more yesterday , they all got out of the holding pen. I found 2 , but the other 2 were gone. I saw a hawk flying over the neighbors place later yesterday , good chance that he spotted them before I went out to check on them yesterday morning. I've taken the last 2 in the house , they're eating and drinking , so hopefully they'll be o.k..


~ Blessings ~
JoyceAnn

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Love the hummingbird feeder. Never saw one like that around here. Can I come play at your house. It always seems like loads of fun.