Thursday, August 19, 2010

Natural Beauty .........................


The sunflowers are blooming , yesterday afternoon , Little Missy and I found this swallowtail butterfly enjoying the largest bloom.


Most of the blooms are small , they're suppose to be mammoth sunflowers. Since we haven't had much rain , they aren't so mammoth but they're still beautiful.


The chickens followed us as we were walking , they're nosey birds (LOL).


Little Missy helped water the herbs , she's a wonderful little helper.


As we were finishing the watering , we spotted another pretty yellow moth on the lemon balm. It was a wonderful evening , enjoyed sharing so much natural beauty with my little helper.


What natural beauty have you enjoyed lately ?


~ Be Blessed ~

JoyceAnn

5 comments:

Flassie's Fil'a said...

I took a blog entry out of
draft about Mosquito repellent.

One link mentions Lemon Balm
as a repellent. The other site
has more plants listed. Even
a Vanilla Leaf as one. I didn't
know it when I took the photo of
one.

Lovely Sunflowers and Flutters!!

There is a blue butterfly that
depends on Lupines to survive.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Caddie said...

There is nothing more heart warming than to watch a small child go about its business, learning new things.

Looking at your pictures makes me feel very serene.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

We have lots of great nature rigth outside our windows - birds are flitting about - and taking baths in the birdbath - the grove of trees is waiting for us to sit and listen to the rustle of leaves - it is a great summer

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Little Missy looks like she
enjoys helping out her Nana.
Precious moments for Nana!

I've been enjoying my walks.
I usually see something wild
to enjoy.

That link to the lemon balm
repellant shows you how to
make it.

Have a Blessed Weekend!!
God Bless You and Yours!!!

Callie Brady said...

Love the sunflowers! I need flowers before any beautiful butterflies are going to show up around here. We do get big moths at night.