Friday, September 26, 2008

~ Weekly Wrap-up ~













It's been another busy week around the homestead. I didn't get much decluttering done. I had business in town that had to be taken care of this week. I did get 8 pints of grape jelly made this week , actually 4 pints of jelly and 4 pints of syrup. Four pints didn't set , so I guess I'll be experimenting with some syrup , any ideas ? I wonder how grape syrup
taste on pancakes , it'll probably be good.


Shadow has adjusted well , he plays well with the Grands. Little Missy yells pup-pup , each time she sees him.We have a wild kitten that has taken up residence too. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. I've been feeding it and hope it will get use to me , it is staying on the back porch , but each time I go out , it makes a mad dash off the porch to the edge of the yard behind the bushes and starts crying. My husband thinks someone dropped it out Saturday night , he saw a car stop on the road in front of our house late Saturday night. The kitten was on our porch Sunday morning.


I finally got some fall planting done , hoping it's not to late. It's been kinda chilly this week , seems like Oct. instead of Sept. We're having a early fall , so we'll probably have a early winter too.



Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.







~ Green Blessings ~


JoyceAnn




















2 comments:

Lib said...

Hi Joyceann,
Cute pix.:o)
I made peach syrup one yr. it was good on pancakes.Bet the grape would be too.
I need to can pears tomorrow. Finally getting ripe.Dad planted this tree 1st time I've ever gotten pears the wildlife got them .Its never had this many either.
Have some apples to dry for Old Fashion Stack Cake, my favorite.
Have a wonderful wk.end!
Blessins',Lib

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Cute photos. The kitten should warm up to you especially if it sees you with food I'd would think.

Grape syrup sounds really
good on pancakes.

Have a Great Weekend. I'd
better get to sewing curtains.

God Bless You and Yours!!!