Saturday, March 07, 2009

~ Alfalfa Sprouts ~


I ordered some alfalfa seeds , when I ordered my garden seeds. We love sprouts in our salads and on the occasional sandwich , so thought I would give sprouting a try. They are really easy to sprout by the method I found on Simple - Green - Frugal - Co- Op , check-out this link http://simple-green-frugal-co-op.blogspot.com/2009/02/winter-greens-alternative.html if you're interested in growing your own alfalfa sprouts.

Happy I found the link and sprouted my own , since there was another salmonella scare with alfalfa sprouts this week.


Hope everyone is having a Grrreat Weekend !!


~ Green Blessings ~
JoyceAnn

3 comments:

Flassie's Fil'a said...

I have been sprouting clover.

I have other seeds and a mix.

I went back to the store awhile
ago to get another sprouting lid
and Wild Oats wasn't selling seed
or lids anymore. I wanted to have
one jar going and than half way
start another one so I'd have
more ready.

I've sprouted blackbeans too and
cooked them and didn't have a gas
problem after eating them.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Leasmom said...

OOOh bean sprouts are good in a sandwich. I need to look that up.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Grat idea - thanks for the link.