Wednesday, March 11, 2009

~ Garden Journal & Raised Beds ~











Last week during the snow I decided to collage my Garden Journal , since it is a simple 1 subject composition notebook , thought it needed a little sprucing up. I try to keep notes about the garden , names of plants , date planted , notes about growth , when to fertilize , how well they produce and many other things about the garden. Last year I didn't well with my journaling , this year I plan to do better. I did jot notes on the calendar last year , so that was helpful , just never entered that info in my journal as planned.



Yesterday , Dh & I worked on the raised beds. I put cardboard down in the bottom , added mulched leaves on top of the cardboard , then added the compost. I planted mixed leaf lettuce and spinach. We have some old windows my brother gave us , Dh helped dig one out and wash it off , we put it over the raised bed to act as a cold frame.


The weather has been so nice , but it's suppose to get cooler starting tomorrow. The little chicks have been venturing out into the fenced area the last few days and the guineas have been roosting in the trees again.



~ Many Blessings ~


JoyceAnn

3 comments:

Peggy said...

its nice here to but suppose to turn cold and rain this weekend

Lib said...

HI Joyceann,
Love your post!
I make my journals also. Fun!And nice to check back with last yrs. happenings.
HAve a great wk.
Blessins',Lib

Flassie's Fil'a said...

It's been nice here but cold.

It is suppose to get cloudy
in a couple of days.

Great page!

God Bless You and Yours and
Your Creative Life!!!