Monday, June 16, 2008

~ Beautiful Morning ~









Wow ~ What a Beautiful morning , Oh what a Glorious Day !
I had my coffee on the back porch this morning , the sun was coming up and rays were shining through the trees. A cute little red bird was perched on a torch , they have a nest in the dogwood near the pool. I don't have the best camera but if you click on the photo , it should enlarge it. He was chirping and warning the cats to stay away .

We got the pool opened Friday , Curious J had a wonderful time swimming and the grand babies loved the water. I enjoyed coming from the garden this morning after weeding , and taking a quick dip.

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday , we had a cookout for DH for Father's Day. The girls and I cooked an almost local meal , local grown grilled bbq chicken , salad with some local veggies and corn on the cob ~ frozen from last year. I made a garlic butter to put on the corn ~ it was so gooood ! We really enjoyed celebrating the day ~ My Dad died a couple of years ago. I miss him , he was an avid gardener and I miss seeing him plowing and planting his tomatoes. He loved his tomatoes ~~~ and gardening , I definitely inherited that gene (LOL).

RAIN ~ We were blessed with rain this weekend and the garden looks great. Some of the cabbage are ready to cut , the squash need to be picked and the banana peppers are hanging. I guess I'll be busy this week. The grass and weeds need harvesting too (LOL).




~ Green Blessings ~ JoyceAnn






2 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Sounds to me like you guys had a wonderful weekend. It's so much fun having young kids around and having fun.

Lib said...

I LOve the pics. Beautiful! Nature is Beautiful and wonderful!:o)
Have a great week.
Blessins',Lib