Wednesday, June 04, 2008

~ * ~ Blueberry Bushes ~ * ~




My uncle brought me two blueberry bushes Sunday. It's really late in the season to plant them , but I did Monday evening. I dug the holes , added compost and some rabbit manure and planted a 2 liter drink bottle with them , so I can water them at the roots. I mulched them with pine needles. The bushes are huge , they're at least 6 ft tall and actually had berries on them. I wonder if I should have cut them back before planting. The temps are suppose to be in the 90's this week , it's going to be a challenge to keep them living.


Late yesterday evening , I strolled out there to look at them. They hadn't wilted at all. I will keep them watered well ~~~~ maybe they will live.




~ Garden Blessings ~ JoyceAnn








2 comments:

Lib said...

Hi,
I love blueberries, but never had bushes ,sorry I'm not help. I do hope they make it for you.
Have a Blessed day!
Blessins',Lib

gma said...

Great idea for deep watering.
Usually I just put the hose on a trickle for hours. I've never grown Blueberries....good luck with yours.
I do grow garlic. Here in the desert southwest we plant it in October and harvest it in April.