Tuesday, June 03, 2008

* Garlic Scapes *






So , I've been talking about my garlic since last Fall , it should be ready to harvest by the end of this month or the 1st of July. This is the first time I've grown garlic and I've been really excited about it. Yesterday I cut the scapes from my hardneck garlic , they smelled wonderful. The scapes are edible too , tonight I plan to saute some in olive oil and add them to our rice for that yummy garlic flavor.
Then I will chop up the rest and freeze them to use for that garlic flavor , until I harvest and cure the garlic cloves.
Later tonight ...Update~~The Scapes were delicious with our rice ~~
~ Green Blessings ~ JoyceAnn

1 comment:

Lib said...

Hi Joyce Ann,
I also grow garlic. I Love it and use it in most of our meals. Don't you just Love gardening?So Peaceful, relaxing and rewarding.:o)
Have a great wk.
Blessins',Lib